Tidings for Teachers
Each Fall the Promotions and Public Relations class at Kirkwood Community College puts together an event as part of their final project. This year the class chose to offer Tidings for Teachers on Dec. 8, as an event giving Kirkwood students the opportunity to participate in a letter-writing activity.
The purpose for putting together an event is to teach students how to plan and promote using audio and video, as well as writing. This year involved some nostalgia as well. Tidings for Teachers was a chance for students to handwrite letters to former instructors that have had an impact on their lives. Students wanted to say, “Thank you,” to those that have made a difference in their life and education.
The PR class set up hot cocoa and cookies outside The Cafe and provided winter themed stationery and writing utensils. Alexanderia Hlavacek, a Kirkwood student that participated in the event said, "The event was absolutely wonderful! It made it super easy to give thanks to the people who deserve it.”
The class also took care of delivery of the letters. Envelopes were provided to the students participating and while a lot of letters were mailed out of the local area, the rest were hand-delivered to local schools or dropped off in mailboxes on the Kirkwood campus.
Nolan Faselt, another Kirkwood student said, "it was cool to send a friendly message." The class sent their own friendly message while planning the event. Part of the requirement was to create a video news release and they did so using stories of former instructors that have affected their lives and saying, “Thank you,” to them.
The two-minute video has reached over 600 people on Facebook in the short time that it’s been posted. The video is available on the Facebook page: Tidings for Teachers, as well as the website: www.kirkwoodmedia.wixsite.com/tidingsforteachers. Both the Facebook page and the website will remain public until the end of Winter break.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program