Tidings for Teachers
Each Fall the Promotions and Public Relations class at Kirkwood Community College puts together an event as part of their final project. This year the class chose to offer Tidings for Teachers on Dec. 8, as an event giving Kirkwood students the opportunity to participate in a letter-writing activity.
The purpose for putting together an event is to teach students how to plan and promote using audio and video, as well as writing. This year involved some nostalgia as well. Tidings for Teachers was a chance for students to handwrite letters to former instructors that have had an impact on their lives. Students wanted to say, “Thank you,” to those that have made a difference in their life and education.
The PR class set up hot cocoa and cookies outside The Cafe and provided winter themed stationery and writing utensils. Alexanderia Hlavacek, a Kirkwood student that participated in the event said, "The event was absolutely wonderful! It made it super easy to give thanks to the people who deserve it.”
The class also took care of delivery of the letters. Envelopes were provided to the students participating and while a lot of letters were mailed out of the local area, the rest were hand-delivered to local schools or dropped off in mailboxes on the Kirkwood campus.
Nolan Faselt, another Kirkwood student said, "it was cool to send a friendly message." The class sent their own friendly message while planning the event. Part of the requirement was to create a video news release and they did so using stories of former instructors that have affected their lives and saying, “Thank you,” to them.
The two-minute video has reached over 600 people on Facebook in the short time that it’s been posted. The video is available on the Facebook page: Tidings for Teachers, as well as the website: www.kirkwoodmedia.wixsite.com/tidingsforteachers. Both the Facebook page and the website will remain public until the end of Winter break.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
- The future of 3D printing is bright and strong
- Baseball finishes 7-4 in Florida
- Eagles kick off season
- Student-run club promotes acceptance among all students
- Plants provide inexpensive health remedy and stress relief
- Recent novel appeals to wide variety of readers
- Nintendo Switch early success following release
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses