Tidings for Teachers
Each Fall the Promotions and Public Relations class at Kirkwood Community College puts together an event as part of their final project. This year the class chose to offer Tidings for Teachers on Dec. 8, as an event giving Kirkwood students the opportunity to participate in a letter-writing activity.
The purpose for putting together an event is to teach students how to plan and promote using audio and video, as well as writing. This year involved some nostalgia as well. Tidings for Teachers was a chance for students to handwrite letters to former instructors that have had an impact on their lives. Students wanted to say, “Thank you,” to those that have made a difference in their life and education.
The PR class set up hot cocoa and cookies outside The Cafe and provided winter themed stationery and writing utensils. Alexanderia Hlavacek, a Kirkwood student that participated in the event said, "The event was absolutely wonderful! It made it super easy to give thanks to the people who deserve it.”
The class also took care of delivery of the letters. Envelopes were provided to the students participating and while a lot of letters were mailed out of the local area, the rest were hand-delivered to local schools or dropped off in mailboxes on the Kirkwood campus.
Nolan Faselt, another Kirkwood student said, "it was cool to send a friendly message." The class sent their own friendly message while planning the event. Part of the requirement was to create a video news release and they did so using stories of former instructors that have affected their lives and saying, “Thank you,” to them.
The two-minute video has reached over 600 people on Facebook in the short time that it’s been posted. The video is available on the Facebook page: Tidings for Teachers, as well as the website: www.kirkwoodmedia.wixsite.com/tidingsforteachers. Both the Facebook page and the website will remain public until the end of Winter break.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More Communiqué News Articles
Recent Communiqué News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR COMMUNIQUé
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST COMMUNIQUé NEWS
RECENT COMMUNIQUé CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates