The length of Winter Break is just right
Students at Kirkwood Community College are given from Dec. 16 until Jan. 17 to go home, spend time with family, enjoy the holidays and relax. It is also time to prepare for the upcoming semester.
Those who are unhappy with how winter break is set up say a full month is too long and that it causes students to get lazy. These arguments are wholly unrealistic, with no evidence to support them. Students that have never had such a long break are very excited to experience their first Winter Break at Kirkwood. It’s a well-needed break that helps students wind down and get rid of the stress from the first semester.
Some students have homes to go to that are located at distances which are not reasonable for two week breaks. Students should be able to spend as much time with their family and friends over the break that they can get in. Understandably, not everyone experiences these issues. A lot of people that attend Kirkwood live in the surrounding area and are able to see their family frequently.
A long break is a benefit, not a vice. It allows students to work more than during the semester. There are also Winter Semester classes offered through Kirkwood that students can complete to get some extra credits in. Students are not the only ones to gain from a month-long break. Instructors and other faculty members are able to stay home, spend time with their families, and do the things that they’re too busy to do during the semester. They also need time to relax.
The Winter Break at Kirkwood is a month-long because a majority of people don’t want it to change. The length of the vacation is needed. If a petition were to be sent in, there is no doubt in my mind that a month would still be the holiday length.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More Communiqué News Articles
Recent Communiqué News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR COMMUNIQUé
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST COMMUNIQUé NEWS
RECENT COMMUNIQUé CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates