College to host Dance Marathon
In years past Kirkwood Community College has participated in the Cedar Rapids Dance Marathon along with Mount Mercy University and Coe College. However, this year will be different.
Shelby Crist, coordinator of Housing and Student Life at Kirkwood Community College and Dance Marathon advisor, said she decided to move forward with the idea of the college hosting its own event.
“Cedar Rapids Dance Marathon has hosted here but we have never hosted our very own event. We are the only community college in the nation to host our very own marathon on our own campus,” said Crist.
Crist said students should register online by going to the Dance Marathon page on the Kirkwood website and clicking the link. There is a $10 registration fee, which covers a t-shirt and water bottle that is given to each participant upon arrival. Crist added that each participant should raise a minimum of $50. She said, “Ask five people for $10, or 20 people for $5.”
All money raised goes to University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa. More than 75 students are registered to attend, but Crist said she is expecting more.
She added that participants are not required to dance. During the event students can compete in a bag toss tournament and dodge ball and enter prize drawings.
Kirkwood’s Dance Marathon will be Friday, Feb. 17, from 6 p.m. – midnight. Crist said if students have questions they can stop by her office in Student Life, Iowa Hall.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
- The future of 3D printing is bright and strong
- Baseball finishes 7-4 in Florida
- Eagles kick off season
- Student-run club promotes acceptance among all students
- Plants provide inexpensive health remedy and stress relief
- Recent novel appeals to wide variety of readers
- Nintendo Switch early success following release
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses