BPA students advance
Following state competition BPA headed to nationals
Members of the Kirkwood Community College Business Professional of America team competed in the 2017 State Competitive Event on Feb. 19 - 20, in Des Moines.
The following students now qualify for the national competition May 8 - 15 in Florida.
1ST PLACE WINNERS - Administrative Support Team - Carly Bandy, Abby Bolton, Jordan Dawson, Heather George; Financial Analysis Team - Kyle Hicks, Jonathan Konga, Jonathan Tignegre; Advanced Word Processing - Jordan Dawson; Intermediate Word Processing - Cassie Ries ; Integrated Office Applications - Abby Bolton; Advanced Office Systems & Procedures - Zee Cora-Bowers; Business Law & Ethics - Jodie Carroll; Fundamental Desktop Publishing - Melissa Julson; Graphic Design Promotion - Jonathan Konga; Contemporary Issues - Melissa Julson; Management, Marketing, & HR Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers.
2ND PLACE WINNERS - Administrative Support Team - Jodie Carroll, Kayla Krapfl, Cassie Ries; College Accounting - Kyle Hicks; Intermediate Word Processing - Kayla Krapfl; Basic Office Systems & Procedures - Cassie Ries; Advanced Spreadsheets - Jordan Dawson; Legal Office Procedures - Jodie Carroll; Administrative Support Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers; Fundamental Desktop Publishing - Jonathan Konga; Contemporary Issues - Kyle Hicks; Prepared Speech - Zee Cora-Bowers; Business Meeting Management Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers; Parliamentary Procedure Concepts - Melissa Julson; Project Management Concepts - Melissa Julson.
3RD PLACE WINNERS - Administrative Support Team - Zee Cora-Bowers, Melissa Julson, Sophoni Darius; Integrated Office Applications - Heather George; Advanced Office Systems & Procedures - Abby Bolton; Advanced Spreadsheets - Carly Bandy; Business Law & Ethics - Sophoni Darius; Business Meeting Management - Heather George; Parliamentary Procedure Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers; Project Management Concepts - Heather George
4TH PLACE WINNERS - Advanced Word Processing - Heather George; Advanced Office Systems & Procedures - Carly Bandy.
5TH PLACE WINNERS - Financial Math Concepts - Jordan Dawson; Accounting Math Concepts - Kyle Hicks; Administrative Support Concepts - Heather George; Parliamentary Procedure Concepts - Kayla Krapfl; Project Management Concepts - Jordan Dawson.
According to bpa.org, “Business Professionals of America is the premier CTSO (Career and Technical Student Organization) for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology and other related career fields. BPA has 45,000 members in over 1,800 chapters in 25 states and Puerto Rico. BPA is a co-curricular organization that supports business and information technology educators by offering co-curricular exercises based on national standards.”
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
- The future of 3D printing is bright and strong
- Baseball finishes 7-4 in Florida
- Eagles kick off season
- Student-run club promotes acceptance among all students
- Plants provide inexpensive health remedy and stress relief
- Recent novel appeals to wide variety of readers
- Nintendo Switch early success following release
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses