BPA students advance
Following state competition BPA headed to nationals
Members of the Kirkwood Community College Business Professional of America team competed in the 2017 State Competitive Event on Feb. 19 - 20, in Des Moines.
The following students now qualify for the national competition May 8 - 15 in Florida.
1ST PLACE WINNERS - Administrative Support Team - Carly Bandy, Abby Bolton, Jordan Dawson, Heather George; Financial Analysis Team - Kyle Hicks, Jonathan Konga, Jonathan Tignegre; Advanced Word Processing - Jordan Dawson; Intermediate Word Processing - Cassie Ries ; Integrated Office Applications - Abby Bolton; Advanced Office Systems & Procedures - Zee Cora-Bowers; Business Law & Ethics - Jodie Carroll; Fundamental Desktop Publishing - Melissa Julson; Graphic Design Promotion - Jonathan Konga; Contemporary Issues - Melissa Julson; Management, Marketing, & HR Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers.
2ND PLACE WINNERS - Administrative Support Team - Jodie Carroll, Kayla Krapfl, Cassie Ries; College Accounting - Kyle Hicks; Intermediate Word Processing - Kayla Krapfl; Basic Office Systems & Procedures - Cassie Ries; Advanced Spreadsheets - Jordan Dawson; Legal Office Procedures - Jodie Carroll; Administrative Support Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers; Fundamental Desktop Publishing - Jonathan Konga; Contemporary Issues - Kyle Hicks; Prepared Speech - Zee Cora-Bowers; Business Meeting Management Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers; Parliamentary Procedure Concepts - Melissa Julson; Project Management Concepts - Melissa Julson.
3RD PLACE WINNERS - Administrative Support Team - Zee Cora-Bowers, Melissa Julson, Sophoni Darius; Integrated Office Applications - Heather George; Advanced Office Systems & Procedures - Abby Bolton; Advanced Spreadsheets - Carly Bandy; Business Law & Ethics - Sophoni Darius; Business Meeting Management - Heather George; Parliamentary Procedure Concepts - Zee Cora-Bowers; Project Management Concepts - Heather George
4TH PLACE WINNERS - Advanced Word Processing - Heather George; Advanced Office Systems & Procedures - Carly Bandy.
5TH PLACE WINNERS - Financial Math Concepts - Jordan Dawson; Accounting Math Concepts - Kyle Hicks; Administrative Support Concepts - Heather George; Parliamentary Procedure Concepts - Kayla Krapfl; Project Management Concepts - Jordan Dawson.
According to bpa.org, “Business Professionals of America is the premier CTSO (Career and Technical Student Organization) for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology and other related career fields. BPA has 45,000 members in over 1,800 chapters in 25 states and Puerto Rico. BPA is a co-curricular organization that supports business and information technology educators by offering co-curricular exercises based on national standards.”
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum