Tips to maintain grades during midterms
With midterms approaching, many college students struggle to keep up their grades. These students often have difficulty finding the motivation to complete assignments and study for upcoming exams.
Jasmine Reuter, electroneurodiagnostic major at Kirkwood Community College, said she is one of these students but has come up with a way to boost her daily motivation.
“It’s really hard staying motivated, to be completely honest. I had to start writing my goals on my closet door so that I can see them every morning,” said Reuter.
Along with creating goals is planning. According to usnews.com, “Part of getting good grades is balancing the various things you have to do, week by week.” Planning ahead can allow students to make time for all assignments, as well as school activities and work.
There are many ways a student can balance their time. It does not have to be a “one size fits all” process. Some students choose to set reminders on their cellphone, while others write everything down on an agenda or a calendar.
It is also important when maintaining good grades not to take on too much. Advisors here at Kirkwood encourage students to take on only what they can comfortably handle, while still maintaining a steady pace toward graduation or transferring to another school.
According to usnews.com’s recommendation, “Take four, or at the most, five courses each semester.” Students are encouraged to work with their assigned academic advisor before registering for classes to ensure success at Kirkwood Community College.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum