Tips to maintain grades during midterms
With midterms approaching, many college students struggle to keep up their grades. These students often have difficulty finding the motivation to complete assignments and study for upcoming exams.
Jasmine Reuter, electroneurodiagnostic major at Kirkwood Community College, said she is one of these students but has come up with a way to boost her daily motivation.
“It’s really hard staying motivated, to be completely honest. I had to start writing my goals on my closet door so that I can see them every morning,” said Reuter.
Along with creating goals is planning. According to usnews.com, “Part of getting good grades is balancing the various things you have to do, week by week.” Planning ahead can allow students to make time for all assignments, as well as school activities and work.
There are many ways a student can balance their time. It does not have to be a “one size fits all” process. Some students choose to set reminders on their cellphone, while others write everything down on an agenda or a calendar.
It is also important when maintaining good grades not to take on too much. Advisors here at Kirkwood encourage students to take on only what they can comfortably handle, while still maintaining a steady pace toward graduation or transferring to another school.
According to usnews.com’s recommendation, “Take four, or at the most, five courses each semester.” Students are encouraged to work with their assigned academic advisor before registering for classes to ensure success at Kirkwood Community College.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
- The future of 3D printing is bright and strong
- Baseball finishes 7-4 in Florida
- Eagles kick off season
- Student-run club promotes acceptance among all students
- Plants provide inexpensive health remedy and stress relief
- Recent novel appeals to wide variety of readers
- Nintendo Switch early success following release
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses