Basketball achieves double victory
Eagles score big to finish regular season
The Kirkwood Community College’s men’s and women’s basketball teams achieved a double knock out against NIACC on March 1.
Both teams defeated NIACC earlier in the season. The men’s team won 81-63 and the women’s team defeated NIACC by 93-81.
Miles Wentzien scored a total of 28 points and got 6 rebounds. Byron Harp scored 12 points with 4 rebounds, while Chris King scored 10 and got 4 assists. Ethan Meeker and Shakur Triplett scored 7 points each.
Guard Carlo Marble stated, “I thought that we came out slow at first but we picked it up the second half. I’m glad we were able to get Miles back, he had a great game. We just need to keep it rolling into regionals.”
In the women’s game, Simone Goods scored 26 points and brought down 9 rebounds, Deleyah Harris had 21 points and 11 boards, Tayana Wilson scored 13 and gave Kirkwood 6 assists, Olivia Usher scored 10 and Shaneequah Watkins scored 7 points.
The women’s basketball team headed into postseason at 30-0. According to the official site of Kirkwood Eagles, Goods scored 25 points and grabbed 13 rebounds on the Saturday game against Iowa Lakes with a final score of 98-59.
Both teams prepared to take on the first round of the Regional tournament on March 7. The men’s basketball team went against No. 7 team NIACC and won, 78-71. The women’s team competed against Ellsworth and brought home the win by a final score of 72-48.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum