Basketball achieves double victory
Eagles score big to finish regular season
The Kirkwood Community College’s men’s and women’s basketball teams achieved a double knock out against NIACC on March 1.
Both teams defeated NIACC earlier in the season. The men’s team won 81-63 and the women’s team defeated NIACC by 93-81.
Miles Wentzien scored a total of 28 points and got 6 rebounds. Byron Harp scored 12 points with 4 rebounds, while Chris King scored 10 and got 4 assists. Ethan Meeker and Shakur Triplett scored 7 points each.
Guard Carlo Marble stated, “I thought that we came out slow at first but we picked it up the second half. I’m glad we were able to get Miles back, he had a great game. We just need to keep it rolling into regionals.”
In the women’s game, Simone Goods scored 26 points and brought down 9 rebounds, Deleyah Harris had 21 points and 11 boards, Tayana Wilson scored 13 and gave Kirkwood 6 assists, Olivia Usher scored 10 and Shaneequah Watkins scored 7 points.
The women’s basketball team headed into postseason at 30-0. According to the official site of Kirkwood Eagles, Goods scored 25 points and grabbed 13 rebounds on the Saturday game against Iowa Lakes with a final score of 98-59.
Both teams prepared to take on the first round of the Regional tournament on March 7. The men’s basketball team went against No. 7 team NIACC and won, 78-71. The women’s team competed against Ellsworth and brought home the win by a final score of 72-48.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
- The future of 3D printing is bright and strong
- Baseball finishes 7-4 in Florida
- Eagles kick off season
- Student-run club promotes acceptance among all students
- Plants provide inexpensive health remedy and stress relief
- Recent novel appeals to wide variety of readers
- Nintendo Switch early success following release
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses