Nintendo Switch early success following release
The Nintendo Switch came out on March 3. It is the first system to be both simultaneously handheld and a console game, without having any serious problems in frame rate or playability.
For a Nintendo console it is quite different and revolutionary in the way that it works, seamlessly mixing between the two so much that it cannot actually be classified just as a home console or handheld. According to Nintendo.com, it is such a successful console because it gives the “Freedom to have fun. Wherever. Whenever” and that appears to hold true.
Some gamers may say that the Switch is just another Nintendo console and to some degree would be right. It does have a similar genre and feel to the games currently released.
However, the library is continually being upgraded as Nintendo gets the rights to better and newer games. There are some games on the system currently that have already broken the Nintendo norm, including the award winning role playing game “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim”.
The Switch has been revered for its innovation and creativity and appears as if it will not stop, with the added features of online play being fixed and updated regularly.
According to Cnet.com, it is a good console but there is not currently much of a reason to get one other than the new “Legend of Zelda” game, stating, “Besides Zelda, there are only a handful of games and no Virtual Console.” The issue with this is that most games appear to be more child-centric and kid-friendly, giving adults less of a reason to purchase the console for themselves.
With a wonderful performance rate and very few issues reported since the console came out and during the beta testing, it is clear that it works well overall as a system.
With over 1.5 million units sold in the first month alone, easily surpassing the Wii in its first weeks, it is not surprising that this device has been so well received.
However with the small library of games, it may be a wiser decision to save up and buy the system when more games are released to the public.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum