Plants provide inexpensive health remedy and stress relief
Many believe that having plants in the home has great health benefits. As of recently, an increasing number of students are adding plants to their apartments with the hope of gaining some of these benefits.
According to healthline.com, “Benefits of indoor plants include providing cleaner air, lowering risk for disease, boosting mood, enhancing mood and concentration and promoting healing.” While these are just a few of the main benefits plants in the home can provide, there are countless others being researched.
Along with these benefits, many plants are also known for being medicinal. The most common is the Aloe Vera plant, which is particularly beneficial as a low-cost remedy for skin conditions, including burns and frostbite.
Many of the benefits of plants are important, particularly for college students who may need low-cost alternatives to otherwise expensive products or are under significant amounts of stress and could use something to brighten their mood. Many Kirkwood Community College students are already taking advantage of what having plants in the home has to offer.
“I currently have a cactus and love having it in my home,” said Curtis Williams, Liberal Arts major. Cacti are often an inexpensive plant with a lot to offer. According to givingplants.com, “Adding cacti to your home can help keep your air fresh, while also removing some of the toxins from the environment.”
This can be good not only for a student’s health but also in regards to maintaining a positive mood throughout the day. “I would say that having a plant definitely improves my mood on a regular basis,” said Williams.
Most common plants are inexpensive, making them an effective tool for college students with limited funds. House plants can often be purchased from garden centers, as well as local grocery stores.
Indoor plants are often low maintenance and easy to care for, which can be convenient for busy college students.
Plants can be a low-cost alternative to many costly issues that students face on a daily basis and can be a beneficial addition to any home.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum