Library, Tutoring Services to host Exam Cram
As final exam week draws closer, the Kirkwood Community College Library teams up with Tutoring Services to provide more opportunities for students to prepare for exams.
Exam Cram is offered to students at the end of both fall and spring semesters, giving students opportunities to complete the semester strong.
Kayla Ford, human services major, attended a previous Exam Cram and said, “It was a great way to destress before finals. My favorite part was the coffee and snacks.”
Librarian Sue Miller said, “We’re starting two weeks before finals and seeing it more as a kick-off week so students have time to use Tutoring Services.”
Students can win door prizes, such as gift cards to the bookstore and The Café and there are new activities added to this year’s event. The library will have supplies for students to make May Baskets and Turing Services will have supplies for students to plant seeds.
On April 25, nursing students will be in the library doing blood pressure checks and Campus Health will be providing informational resources for students.
Elementary Education major Sydney Abodeely said, “It is a great tool for students who need support and motivation during the hardest time of the semester.”
The library will have food and beverages during Exam Cram. Coffee, popcorn and lemonade will be just some of the offerings, according to Miller.
Throughout the week of the Exam Cram, the library will also have coloring pages, puzzles, massage chairs and therapy dogs.
“We want to help students get through the final crunch and have an opportunity to take advantage of tutoring,” said Miller.
Though Exam Cram is optional, students are highly encouraged to participate. “We want to remind students that they still have time, that they are still held accountable to their academic responsibilities,” said Mike Scallon, Support Services coordinator.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum