Apple joins lineup at Eagle Tech store
The Eagle Tech store that will take the place of the former C-Store in Benton Hall at Kirkwood Community College boasts a lineup of products that now includes Apple.
The Eagle Tech store will offer a variety of resources involving technology and technological support. The store will house an array of products including desktops, laptops, software, cables, headphones, iPads and iPod touch in addition to other electronics, according to Julie Copeland, bookstore manager and liaison for Eagle Tech.
She said the store will be one of only three authorized campus Apple dealers in Iowa, the other two being at Iowa State University and the University of Iowa.
Other vendors supplying the store include Dell, HP, SkullCandy and Beats.
Copeland said the goal of the tech store is to help the Kirkwood community make educated decisions when purchasing technology that pertains to an individual's specific area of study.
"I think another thing that will help out is our Soar-to-Success pamphlets that actually talk through different areas of study. If, for example, you're going into pre-engineering, here's what your instructors tell us that you may want to have to be the most successful during your career at Kirkwood," Copeland said.
She said the Eagle Tech store also will house a trained technical support team available to help students and staff with questions or problems they may be experiencing with devices, as well as repairs.
Another advantage to having an on campus technology store, she said, is the academic pricing that will be applied to products that many students previously may not have been able to afford.
A Kirkwood instructor who uses Apple products in the classroom cited the advantages of the new store.
"My co-instructor and I are pretty savvy with the Apple products," said David Brandstetter, coordinator of Graphic Communications. "But when it comes to firmware or hardware issues that are above our ability it will be nice to send our students someplace where they can run tests and do things we can't do."
Brandstetter said his students work extensively with Apple products to complete projects in the Graphic Communication courses. "The store will give students the opportunity to do a little shopping on campus and most likely take advantage of the student discounts right away, which normally you can only do through Apple's online service," Brandstetter added.
Construction of the Eagle Tech store will begin in May. The grand opening is expected in late November or early December, according to Copeland.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Recent kirkwoodstudentmedia News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA NEWS
- Home basketball games
- Eagles Basketball is off to a great start
- Performers steal the attention of the audience with performance of ‘The...
- Nolan’s new feature is out of this world
- Bob Dylan finds silver lining from accident; releases a collection of...
- Malala Yousafzai awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- Black Friday: To save or not to save
RECENT KIRKWOODSTUDENTMEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists