The top 10 signs that you're being played
Relationships can be difficult at any age. Throw in some ego trips and mind games, and they can be downright nasty. Because there are so many "players" in the world who think it's fun to break someone's heart with no remorse, I have devised a Top 10 list of signs to watch for so you aren't left alone to pick up the fragmented pieces of your heart.
The Top 10 signs you're being played:
10. He doesn't answer his phone and only sends you text messages.
9. She says the hickeys on her neck are from a curling iron.
8. He's still best friends with all his exes.
7. She freaks out if you ask her who she's talking to on the phone and says, "Why? Don't you trust me?"
6. His stories don't match his actions.
5. She starts a fight, wants to break up and 10 minutes later says, "I'm sorry. I love you."
4. He smells like women's cologne.and it's not yours.
3. She breaks a date with you to have her nails done.
2. His idea of a date is watching a football game with six other guys while you try not to get pummeled as you sit at the far end of the couch.
And the No. 1 sign you are being played
1. You tell her you love her and she says, "Ditto."
Finding out that you're being played isn't the worst thing in the world. But staying with that person and continuing to ignore the signs can be devastating to your self-esteem.
The best thing you can do is to confront the person, set boundaries and move on if necessary. Whoever said "all's fair in love and war" obviously never felt the pain of being played.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Communiqué News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR COMMUNIQUé
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST COMMUNIQUé NEWS
RECENT COMMUNIQUé CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida
- Out of This World: Challenge Open to 3D Print in Space
- Power Down the AC on National Ceiling Fan Day