The top 10 signs that you're being played
Relationships can be difficult at any age. Throw in some ego trips and mind games, and they can be downright nasty. Because there are so many "players" in the world who think it's fun to break someone's heart with no remorse, I have devised a Top 10 list of signs to watch for so you aren't left alone to pick up the fragmented pieces of your heart.
The Top 10 signs you're being played:
10. He doesn't answer his phone and only sends you text messages.
9. She says the hickeys on her neck are from a curling iron.
8. He's still best friends with all his exes.
7. She freaks out if you ask her who she's talking to on the phone and says, "Why? Don't you trust me?"
6. His stories don't match his actions.
5. She starts a fight, wants to break up and 10 minutes later says, "I'm sorry. I love you."
4. He smells like women's cologne.and it's not yours.
3. She breaks a date with you to have her nails done.
2. His idea of a date is watching a football game with six other guys while you try not to get pummeled as you sit at the far end of the couch.
And the No. 1 sign you are being played
1. You tell her you love her and she says, "Ditto."
Finding out that you're being played isn't the worst thing in the world. But staying with that person and continuing to ignore the signs can be devastating to your self-esteem.
The best thing you can do is to confront the person, set boundaries and move on if necessary. Whoever said "all's fair in love and war" obviously never felt the pain of being played.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Communiqué News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR COMMUNIQUé
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST COMMUNIQUé NEWS
- International student reflects on experience at Kirkwood
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
- A little Black Friday history
- Students volunteer at the Catherine McAuley Center
- Eagles advance to national tournament
- KCC Dance Marathon Team holds "For The Kids" event
- Angel Trees have new gift giving options this year
RECENT COMMUNIQUé CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Chiropractic Care Now Covered By Most Insurance Plans
- Foodies Flock to Greater Fort Lauderdale's Dining...
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind