'Shutter Island' ominous
With "Shutter Island," director Martin Scorsese and actor Leonardo DiCaprio have teamed up to give us another great movie. Their last film together was "The Departed," for which Scorsese won his first Academy Award for best director. "Shutter Island" is the fourth picture they have worked on together and is comparable to their previous work.
This film takes on the suspense thriller genre and keeps audiences on the edge of their seats for the entire 138 minutes. The movie takes place in 1954 when U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels
(DiCaprio) and his partner, Chuck Aule (Mark Ruffalo), are sent to a remote island off Boston to investigate the disappearance of a patient, Rachel (Emily Mortimer). Playing host to Teddy and Chuck on the island is the prison medical director, Dr. Cawley (Ben Kingsley), whose eeriness helps accentuate the theme of the island.
During their investigation they learn that Rachel became a patient there after drowning her three children. Teddy and Chuck begin their investigation of Rachel's escape and how it was plausible that she escaped from a locked cell.
Throughout the film, the audience is offered glimpses into Teddy's past and how his wife's death two years before and experiences during World War II have affected him and brought him to take the case of Shutter Island.
The film is dark and ominous with a plot that leads to many different conclusions. I would give this film three out of four stars and recommend you go see it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Communique News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE COMMUNIQUE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE COMMUNIQUE NEWS
RECENT THE COMMUNIQUE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?